You must try these healthier white chocolate and raspberry scones!
They are a great afternoon snack, just serve them up with some greek yogurt and jam and it will feel like you are having a naughty afternoon tea scone!
See the recipe and instructions below;
180g wholemeal (or normal) flour
120g Fage non fat Greek yogurt
1/2 tablespoon Truvia sweetener
5 tablespoons of milk
3 tablespoons maple syrup (or honey)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
30g unsalted butter
30g white chocolate chips
1. Preheat your oven to 210 degrees.
2. In a mixing bowl, add the flour, a pinch of salt, the baking powder and butter. Add the butter into small pieces to make it easier to mix.
3. Once you've added the butter, use your fingers to break up, press and mix everything together, as if you are making breadcrumbs.
4. Next, add in your yogurt, maple syrup, vanilla extract and 3 of the 5 tablespoons of milk. Mix this all together until it is a doughy consistency.
5. Add your raspberries and chocolate chips and fold these into the dough with your hands. Don' worry if the raspberries get crushed!
6. On an oven tray with baking paper, mould your dough into 6 circles. Brush your dough with 2 more tablespoons of milk and sprinkle over the sweetener to ensure it goes nice and golden.
7. Bake for 20-22 minutes, or until golden brown.
If your favourite part of an afternoon tea is a scone, this bake is for you to try!!