Ditch the Indian Takeaway this weekend!
Treat yourself or your family to this gorgeous healthier Chicken Tikka Masala instead.
This recipe is super easy and a much healthier alternative rather than ordering yourself a takeaway.
This whole meal serves:
481 Calories, 13.5g Fat, 45.7g Carbs and 50.1g Protein
400g chopped tomatoes
1 onion (diced)
3 tablespoons tomato puree
240g chicken breast
120g 0% greek yogurt
100ml low fat coconut milk
2 cloves garlic (crushed)
2 tablespoons ginger
250g basmati rice
1 tablespoon curry powder
1/2 teaspoon lazy chilli
1 tablespoon paprika
1 tablespoon coriander seeds
1/2 tablespoon garam masala
1 tablespoon cumin seeds
Handful of fresh coriander
1. Firstly, toast off your cumin seeds and coriander seeds in a pan on a medium heat for a few minutes. Once toasted add these to a bowl and crush them down as much as possible.
2. Add your crushed garlic to the bowl and continue to crush and mix together. Then, add your paprika, curry powder and garam masala and keep mixing.
3. Add your tomato puree and chilli, mix again and once done - add this to your chilli paste.
4. In a pan on a medium heat, spray a little oil and add your onions. Fry these off for 2-3 minutes and then add the paste you just made.
5. After another minute or two, add in your chicken and brown off.
6. Next, add your tinned tomatoes coconut milk and greek yogurt to the chicken and stir in. Season with a little salt and pepper and let this simmer on a low heat for 10 minutes.
7. Once simmered, chop some fresh coriander and serve with your brown rice.